Monday, December 13, 2010

More to the story behind the tree

My friend at work thinks I should tell the whole story behind the tree.

I got off work and called Daulton as I normally do. I said, "So what's going on?" Daulton kinda goes hmph and chuckles saying, "Nothin' really." I immediately get suspicious and ask what he is doing. He tells me, "I got our Christmas tree, momma." I asked him what he was talking about and he tells me he found a tree in the woods (beside the house) and he brought it home. I said, "Daulton, you can't cut those trees down!" He tells me, "No momma, it was already chopped down, it was laying there with a rope already beside it and everything! It was calling my name momma!!!!"

So I pull up to the house to this big thing in my yard! There's never any telling what I will come home to. Hmmm, now that I think about it - that must be the way Jeff feels since he has come home to no front door when I decided to switch two doors, a new wall when I decided I needed a laundry room, a closet in the little boys' room when there wasn't one there when he left that morning, etc. Poor guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment