Thursday, December 17, 2009

Peas in a pod


Dylan and Lucas share a room and Dylan has been griping that Lucas keeps him awake at night talking and jumping all over him. Tonight Dylan came in several times to tell me that Lucas was bothering him. I finally told Lucas to get his blanket and a pillow and come sleep on the futon by our bedroom. He cried a little, but did as he was told. In about 20 minutes, Dylan came in "to get a drink of water." He says, "Lucas can come back to the bedroom if he will leave me alone." I asked him if he wanted Lucas to sleep with him. He just kinda shrugged his shoulders and tried to look nonchalant. I knew that he was lonely and really wanted Lucas to come back. This was funny all in itself as he was the one that kicked Lucas out in the first place. I then asked Lucas if he wanted to go back into the bedroom He thought about it for a second, and then said, "Nahhhh, maybe in a minute." Jeff and I just had to laugh as the old saying goes, "Be careful what you wish for," because right now Lucas is asleep on the futon and Dylan is in the bedroom all by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment